Proteus has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge mapping products, geospatial services and consultancy. They are now embarking on an exciting new project, funded via the European Space Agency, which requires expansion of the current team located at Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire.
They are looking for an enthusiastic Geospatial / GIS Project Coordinator to join their experienced and motivated team. This role is critical to ensuring successful and timely project delivery. The successful candidate will be an organised ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. This exciting opportunity offers great potential, as the individual will be involved from the beginning within a rapidly expanding part of the business, supporting deployment of cutting-edge satellite remote sensing technology.
The Project Coordinator is the bridge between sales, production and suppliers. As a Project Coordinator you will support the Project Manager in providing team coordination, data handling, and regular reporting. You will be involved in the Project from the outset, and pivotal in designing and implementing project structure.
We are looking for a candidate with a mixture of proven technical and coordination skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of two years working within a similar role;
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and to tight delivery deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs;
- Understanding and experience of managing geospatial data and services (with a specific focus on marine data being favourable);
- Experience in a GIS software package (with a specific focus on ESRI software being favourable);
- Degree in GIS, Geography, Geomatics, Hydrography, Oceanography or similar.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for sub-contractor liaison and management;
- Responsible for internal Project Team liaison and coordination of project tasks and scheduling;
- Geospatial technical support to the Project Manager and Sales and Marketing Team;
- Geospatial data handling and management (with a specific focus on marine data, satellite imagery and derived products);
- Responsible for geospatial data quality control and data delivery;
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external Project Reporting and Budgeting.
How to apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectations by the 22nd of July
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, and dependent on experience